Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why God Made Litttle Girls

Yesterday, I pulled out the Bible I used as a kid - homemade Bible cover and all. Lo and behold, I found a bookmark within with my name scribbled in childish handwriting on the back. On the front, a poem by an unknown author called Why God Made Little Girls. I enjoyed it, so I'm sharing.

God made the world with towering trees,
majestic mountains and restless seas.
Then paused and said, "It needs one more thing...
someone to laugh and dance and sing.
To walk in the woods and gather flowers...
to commune with nature in quiet hours."
So God made little girls 
with laughing eyes and bouncing curls, 
with joyful hearts and infectious smiles, 
enchanting ways and feminine wiles.
And when He'd completed the task He'd begun,
He was pleased and proud of the job He'd done.
For the world, when seen through a little girl's eyes
greatly resembled Paradise.

Don't ever lose that little child inside.

 3And [Jesus] said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

~ Matthew 18:3,4 (KJV)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment