Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Putting Off

Do you ever find yourself "putting off for tomorrow what you can do today"? Maybe it's washing the dishes, or doing the laundry, or vacuuming the house, or mowing the lawn. Honestly, sometimes it's all of these things for me. :) I don't know about you, but every time I buckle down and finally do those chores I've put off, it makes me feel better. Perhaps it's the bringing order to chaos. I don't know, but it's then I ask myself "why did I put it off to begin with?"

This topic is fresh on my mind because after letting my grass get so high I could lose my dog in it, I finally mowed yesterday. My, but I was a sight--faded blue jeans, bright yellow shirt, purple sunglasses, and a red bandana tied over my nose. If anyone saw me, they would've thought a rainbow bandit had commandeered my lawnmower. If anyone heard me, they'd have thought I'd taken leave of my senses. For someone who didn't want to mow, I truly seemed to enjoy myself. I was out there yeehaw-ing while bumping and bouncing my way through the waist-high grasses like a bronc-riding cowgirl. (Literally!) This morning I've got the bruises to prove it, but my freshly mowed lawn makes me smile. Maybe we should "never put off for tomorrow what we can do today." 

What are you waiting for? Seize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment