Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Impulse

Do you ever have that impulse to do something different? Break the monotony? Bring a change? Maybe it's moving the furniture, cutting your hair, or getting away for the weekend. Well, I felt the urge to do something a little on the crazy side this past week. Don't be afraid. I've done this before on a few occasions, but this time it went a little different--I was surprised with a wonderful blessing in the process. Okay, I can almost hear you asking, "what did you do already?!"

Answer: I donated my hair to Locks of Love.

Yes, I whacked off more than ten inches of hair. It now curls under my chin instead of hanging to the middle of my back. Impulsive, I know, but it's great! Besides, it'll grow back (and I can do it all over again :) ).

All right, so what was the blessing?

Unlike the times before, I didn't have to pay to have my hair cut! The guy did it for free, but I didn't find that out until he was finished. He was thrilled to get a donation and not only that but one of red hair.

My pastor has preached--and I've read it myself--that when you're in the center of God's will, He provides. God surely did that for me on Thursday.  :)

Now, here's some questions for you: Have you done anything impulsive lately? Has God provided for you in some special way? Or has He given you an unexpected blessing? Share your thoughts, and maybe I'll share a picture of my new haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment