Tuesday, April 10, 2012

You Can't Take It With You

This picture captures some of the items that belonged to one of my uncles that recently passed away. They now belong to me. Proof that you can't take anything with you when you go--unless you count the people that you can reach for Christ and take with you to heaven.

Believe it or not but someone was willing to throw away this antique dresser. Not me. My mom and I fixed the bottom portion that had come off with a few screws. Now the typewriter--I had to fight my grandma for it. :) As far as I can gather, it is a Royal Quiet De Luxe gold portable typewriter, dating back to around the late 1940s. The gold-plated machine was a limited edition and one of them was said to have been owned by the author Ian Fleming. How cool is that! Now I have one too. :)

Anyway, do you have any cool antiques?

No comments:

Post a Comment