Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weehoo!

Weehoo
You know, those old timers knew what worked. I was reminded this past week of that very fact while standing on a roof . My mother watches one of my little cousins. At two-years-old, she loves to roam and explore (and put things where they don't belong--but that's another story :) ). As with most children as long as you can hear them you know their okay and not up to something. Well, my little cousin wandered over to my carport. We knew she hadn't gone far, but she was hidden behind my car--and she was quiet. Can you say trouble in the making? :)

My mom calls her name. She doesn't respond. Mom calls again. Still silence. My mom sing-songs, "weehoo!" My cousin mimics in her cute, little, childlike voice, "weehoo!" Oh, it was so adorable. I couldn't help but smile. Apparently, my great-grandmother used to employ this method with my sister when she was little. There are most definitely things we can learn from our elders.

What is one thing you've learned from those older and wiser than yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment