Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Howdy Ya'll! Let's begin...

TX hill country pic
I have to say blogging is a first for me, but I hope it is a blessing in disguise. I'm a new author. I've just started a series called the Cater Springs Chronicles. All four books are based in the Texas Hill Country in a little town called... you get two guesses and the first one doesn't count ;) ... wrong! it's Cater Springs. I'm loving the characters of this town and the exciting, life changing encounters they experience in the late 1870s.

Book #1 is The Husband Exchange and Lord willing is in the works for publication soon. :) I'm hoping to hear a favorable word from the editor.

I will begin work on book 2 very soon - brain storms have been surging for weeks. The title has already been chosen and it is ... drum roll please... The Husband Escape. I'm looking forward to this story. I'm currently coming off the high of finishing book 1 and am soaking in the pleasure of accomplishment. God is good to me.

Anyways, I hope to this blog will add laughter, love, and faith to your life as we travel this sod together.

Blessings,
Crystal L Barnes

8 comments:

  1. Hope that your books touch all that read them.

    Love

    Jeanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Husband Exchange"? Doesn't sound very Biblical to me. ;) (But I do enjoy twisting your tail whenever I can.) Praying for your success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many blessings with the birth of your blog and much success with your writing.

    A fellow ACFW'er,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you now. All the best to your writing endeavors.
    From another ACFW'er.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your blog as much as I enjoy mine. I'd say you're off to a great start! Blessings from a fellow ACFW'er.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! Just so you know, I've shared your blog on Facebook to help spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new blog Crystal!

    ReplyDelete