Monday, March 19, 2012

Packed

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present." ~ Alice Morse Earle

You ever had one of those days where it feels like you took two days worth of work and shoved it into one? Well, today is already turning into one of those days. Trees fell on high line wires sometime before 5 a.m. which meant lights out until sometime around 10 a.m. Oh and of course, one of those trees had to fall on my fence which meant clearing off the deadwood after the electrical people left (and didn't move it :( - more work for me - woohoo.) I also worked for at least an hour in the garden before the light people showed up, then loaded the dishwasher while they were working. Now, I'm working on my blog (yes, I'm writing this a day early) because with the high chance of rain my internet might very well be put out of commission tomorrow.

But I got to thinking--everyday is a gift from God. My uncle died of cancer over the weekend so it brings that realization home even more. Everyday is priceless whither it's packed or peaceful, hectic or happy. We are here for only a short time and not guaranteed tomorrow. Each day matters for eternity. How are you spending it?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your loss, Crystal. Life is incredibly precious and short. I hope I'm succeeding in making each day count for His Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete