Thursday, October 20, 2011

He's a Snake in the Grass

No, really. Look at the picture. That is a snake in the grass. I've been hunting online to verify some facts for my book content. One thing I learned: we, Texans, are lucky. It stays so warm in some areas snakes never even hibernate the whole winter. Anytime it's above 60 degrees you could see a snake. Comforting, isn't it? I discovered this when I was researching rattlesnakes. Even better, right? :)

FYI: For those of you who've never heard the saying "snake in the grass" it means "a sneaky and despised person." Here's a link to an idiom dictionary if you don't believe me.

2 comments:

  1. I was so glad to discover you got this photo online and this critter wasn't in your back yard! I hate snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like poisonous ones. The non-poisonous eat mice. As long as they leave me alone, they can live. :)

    ReplyDelete