Thursday, September 8, 2011

Timber!

I've found much to be thankful for this past week. On Sunday night, this is what I came home to:

Now, I have a few trees that are dead that wouldn't surprise me if they fell. However, this tree was GREEN! It wasn't suppose to fall!

Nevertheless, I was very thankful for three things:
     1. The lumberjack wind didn't send the towering timber onto any of my outbuildings. :)
     2. My driveway wasn't blocked. (That wouldn't have been fun at all)
     3. It's an oak tree that can be burned in a wood burning stove or fireplace (A pine would only be useful years down the road when it turns into rich pine.)

As you can see, you can always find the good if you look for it. If you're game, leave a comment about some of the good you've looked for and found this week. I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment