Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Dead Reckoning---A Review

Every had one of those days where you just want to escape reality? Well, after burying my cousin on Monday, that's what I wanted, so I went in search of a book that I could disappear in. I picked up Ronie Kendig's Dead Reckoning. Not the title you'd have thought I'd pick, huh? Well, I'd heard good things about Ronie, and I needed a story that would draw me in. Needless to say, I started on page one and I was hooked.

Shiloh's story is fast paced and full of twists and turns. I read it in about a day. I was transported to India and even Paris and England. That's definitely far away from home. :) The book has deep-sea divers, spies, terrorists, Green Berets, and even Navy Seals. I loved it, but I will admit that after about three-quarters of the way through the deaths, threats of death, and tactics of the enemy got to be a bit much for me. That might've been linked to all I've dealt with the past week, so take that with a grain of salt.

Honestly, I think if you like a good romantic suspense, you'll enjoy Ronie's Dead Reckoning. Oh, and by the way, "dead reckoning" is actually a navigational/diver term that means "the process of estimating one's current position based upon a previously determined position or fix, and advancing that position based upon known or estimated speeds over elapsed time and course." I wish I'd known this sooner in the story. I found this definition in the discussion questions at the end of the story. :)

So have you disappeared in any good books lately? If so, which one(s)?


No comments:

Post a Comment