Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Look Out Below!

Question: What is two feet wide, towers far above your head, and can bury you in a second?

Answer: A closet full of games. :)

Now that I'm over being sick, I'm helping my sister. Her kids wanted to play games last night, so I raided the game closet. Of course, the game I wanted resided third from the top--a good three feet or more beyond my reach.

We fetched the step-stool.
I climbed up.
Then life got interesting.

I figured, "Okay, I'll slide mine out and push the rest back." Yeah. Easier said than done. Next thing I know, the games above rush toward me and the others underneath start slipping out as well. My balance is completely thrown off. I'm shoving games up only to have more tumble out at me. One of the kids had to pull me from behind (more than once), so I could regain my balance. Finally, I'm able to return things to rights after I nearly drop an armload of boxes. Believe it or not, but I only had one game slip past me. :)

P.S. For those of you wondering "what game was it?", it was Twister Hoopla. :) (The tangle to follow proved just as amusing. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment